“I delivered meals to a man who had a small dog that wasn’t suppose to get out of the house…one winter day the dog did. The man was in a wheelchair. His dog was shivering in a snowbank, and I was able to get the dog and bring him safely back inside. The man was so grateful for my help. I find it very rewarding and it provides me with a sense of self-worth. It is gratifying to do something for someone else and helping them in the community.”
“It takes a village to raise a child. What does it take to bring hot, tasty food day after day? My answer would be; a very large number of devoted people. Thank you so much for your many, many hours of helping me and others stay in our own homes.”
“Thank you to all those who take their time to bring the meals each day. You all are truly a blessing!
Delivering meals is a simple and rewarding way to help seniors and people with disabilities in need of hot meals and a daily visit from a friendly face, and you can do it over lunch!
When you volunteer for Meals on Wheels during your lunch hour, you’re doing your part to guarantee meals are delivered to the more than 300 people in need across Anoka County. You can volunteer to deliver meals once a week, once a month, with a friend, with a group or on your own – whatever works best for you!
Delivering meals is also a great social activity – you can do it with a friend or a group and you’ll get to know your neighbors who also deliver. And you’ll leave knowing the five to 10 people on your route received the nourishment and personal connection they need.
Sign up today to deliver meals and know you’ll make an immediate impact on the lives of recipients in your neighborhood. If you have questions, see the list of frequently asked questions, email Impact@ImpactServicesMN.org or call (763) 236-8718 for more information.
Please fill out form if you are interested in Volunteering:
FAQ: Meals on Wheels Drivers
Purpose: To deliver a fresh, hot meal to our neighbors in need during the “lunch” hour, while doing a wellness check.
Good to know:read more
1. Arrive at pick up site at scheduled time.
- Allina-Mercy Hospital, Unity Campus, 550 Osborne Road, Fridley 10:45
- Mercy Health Care Building, 3960 Coon Rapids Blvd., Coon Rapids 11:00
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church, 19001 Jackson Street NE, East Bethel 11:00
- Joseph’s Catholic Church, 171 Elm Street, Lino Lakes 11:00
2. Pick up/sign up for your route. Gather route book/route sheet.
3. Pick up carriers with food. One cold bag, one hot bag. (Transfer food into other containers if on a satellite site) Verify correct bags for your route.
4. Deliver meals to our neighbors by following the route. Ensure that each meal is delivered to the correct neighbor. (Each bag and tray will have their name on it.)
5. Once deliveries are complete return the route book and carriers to the Meals on Wheels Office (Mercy Health Care Building, Coon Rapids) or back at the satellite pick up locations.
6. Inform the staff back at Impact Services office if you could not deliver or have any special concerns you may have concerning your deliveries.
2. Drivers must have a current driver’s license
3. Drivers must have proper liability insurance
4. Drivers must have a good driving record
Time Commitment:read more