FAQ: Meals on Wheels Drivers
Purpose: To deliver a fresh, hot meal to our neighbors in need during the “lunch” hour, while doing a wellness check.
Good to know:read more
1. Arrive at pick up site at scheduled time.
2. Pick up/sign up for your route. Gather route book/route sheet.
3. Pick up carriers with food. One cold bag, one hot bag. (Transfer food into other containers if on a satellite site) Verify correct bags for your route.
4. Deliver meals to our neighbors by following the route. Ensure that each meal is delivered to the correct neighbor. (Each bag and tray will have their name on it.)
5. Once deliveries are complete return the route book and carriers to the Meals on Wheels Office (Mercy Health Care Building, Coon Rapids) or back at the satellite pick up locations.
6. Inform the staff back at Impact Services office if you could not deliver or have any special concerns you may have concerning your deliveries.
1. Provide your own vehicle
2. Drivers must have a current driver’s license
3. Drivers must have proper liability insurance
4. Drivers must have a good driving record
Time Commitment:read more
One to one and a half hours during the “lunch” time on weekdays. You decide the frequency that you’d like, weekly, biweekly, monthly, or as scheduled.
Building the community by reaching out to those neighbors who are in need. You are strengthening the community by helping keep these neighbors in their homes which in turn helps everyone.