What Impact Services is doing to continue service during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
I want to take moment and share what Impact Services is doing in response to COVID-19 for our Meals on Wheels program. We are operating with a focus on three key areas in the coming weeks:
- LIMITED DISRUPTION – Our priority is to make sure all of our neighbors receiving Meals on Wheels do not see a disruption in service, and we have created a plan to navigate that in the coming weeks.
- HONOR OUR VOLUNTEERS – Volunteer drivers are the most important cog in making Meals on Wheels happen.
- SAFETY – Keeping our neighbors, volunteers and staff, as safe as possible.
We have created some protocols that I want to share with you regarding meals and volunteers:
- CLEAN HANDS: We are asking drivers to wash their hands prior to delivery and again when they are done delivering for the day.
- DOORSTEP DELIVERY: At this time, we are leaving meals by the doorstep and ringing the doorbell to prevent any contact with someone infected with the virus. We want to make sure everyone is safe and healthy.
- SANITIZED FOR SAFETY: Our staff is sanitizing bags, both inside and outside.
- HEALTHY DRIVERS: We are asking drivers to call us, as soon as possible, if they are unable to drive because they are not feeling well.
- CONTINGENCY PLANS: Working with Mercy Hospital-Unity Campus’ Nutrition Services Management, we have created a multi-phased program to coordinate meal service if we have to reduce the number of days we can serve. We created this program in anticipation of some drivers preferring not to deliver during this time, as well as to meet the continued needs of our meal recipients. We will provide updates if/when we need move into a new phase.
How you can help us continue services.
- VOLUNTEER TO DRIVE: We need healthy individuals who are willing to deliver Meals on Wheels. Many of our regular drivers are senior citizens, and they are concerned for their own health. We need people to stand in the gap and help deliver meals. It takes an hour to an hour and half to help provide nutritious meals to our neighbors. Please consider driving during this time. You can call us for more information at 763-236-8718.
- MAKE A DONATION: At this time, our staff is working extra hours to meet the needs of our neighbors. We are seeing a request for more meals, and your donation will help us provide qualities services for our neighbors in need. You can make a secure donation on our website: https://impactservicesmn.org/donations/.
We are in this together!
Thank you for your continued support of our mission. We appreciate your help in making our community stronger.