ACT ON ALZHEIMER’S
ACT on Alzheimer’s-Anoka
ACT on Alzheimer’s-Anoka is proud to be part of the statewide ACT collaboration. ACT on Alzheimer’s fosters collective ownership and accountability in preparing Minnesota for the personal, social and budgetary impacts of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. No single organization owns, finances or controls the initiative. The collaboration works toward five goals:
- Identify and invest in promising approaches that reduce costs and improve care.
- Increase detection of Alzheimer’s disease and improve ongoing care and support.
- Sustain caregivers by offering them information, resources and in-person support.
- Equip communities to be “dementia capable” to support residents who are touched by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Raise awareness and reduce stigma by engaging communities.
ACT-Anoka’s current initiatives include the following:
- Hosting local dementia friendly @ work training sessions. Date to be announced
- Offering Dementia Friends training to individuals, businesses, volunteers, faith groups, civic organizations, academic institutions and government agencies.
- Working with Discover Anoka to host Dementia Friendly shopping days.
- Creating a brochure with local resources for individuals living with dementia and their caregivers.
Please continue to come back to this page for updates and more resources.